A Zener Diode 3.3V is another form of diode, but is used for entirely different purpose. They are mainly used in protection circuits or as crude voltage regulators. Let us see how we can select one for your application.
There are two main parameters that are to be checked while selecting a Zener diode. One is the Zener Voltage and the other is Power dissipation. The Zener voltage is the voltage which appears across the Zener diode when a higher reverse potential voltage is applied to it. In regulator circuits it is this voltage (Zener voltage) which will be regulated and in protection circuit it is this voltage (Zener voltage) more than which the circuit is protected. The power dissipation decides the amount of current that can flow through the diode. Higher the power dissipation higher the current can flow.
- Nominal Zener Voltage (VZ): 3.3V
- Power dissipation (PZ): 500mW
- Zener current (IZT): 76mA
- Used in Voltage protection circuits
- Can be used as low current voltage regulator
- Input voltage protection for Microcontrollers or other ICs
- Voltage stabilizing circuits
- 5 x Zener Diode 3.3V