Digispark ATTINY85 Mini USB Development Board
Digispark ATtiny85 Arduino-enabled Mini USB Dev Board
Complete USB Dev Board Cheap Enough to Leave in a Project
If you have never heard of the Digispark ATtiny board before, it may take you more than a moment to understand its full power and potential. So read this carefully:
Firstly, it's a 20MHz, AVR 8-bit microcontroller with 8 KB flash, 512 bytes of RAM (See the datasheet)
You get up to 5 GPIOs, 4 ADCs, 2 PWMs, 1 SPI and 1 I2C[*]
Secondly, it's fully compatible with Arduino (See instructions here)
Thirdly, it can be directly programmed via USB without needing any other programmer!
And finally, it is available at cheap price!!
[*] There are only a total of 6 pins, so you can't get everything at the same time, of course.
This board was first launched in late 2012 on Kickstarter where it raised $300,000+ in just 30 days. And till today, it remains one of the most popular choices for quick one-off projects that require a controller. Here are some examples from Instructables:
- Wearable ring watch
- POV Display
- Mini Weather Station
- Mood Light
- ...And Many More!
Before You Buy
Some soldering required: We send you the board, one 6 pin header and 1 3-pin header (see the second picture in the listing). You need to solder the pins yourself before you can connect other components to it.
USB Emulation: The micro (ATTiny85) does not have a proper USB peripheral. Instead it emulates a USB device during boot (you can also use this emulated USB after boot if you want). See here for details
Uploading a Sketch: Due to this USB emulation, the uploading procedure is slightly different for this board compared to normal Arduino. Please follow the instructions in the digistump wiki
This is a great low cost development board, but it is not a full-fledged Arduino.
- High Performance, Low Power AVR® 8-Bit Microcontroller
- Non-volatile Program and Data Memories
- 8K Bytes of In-System Programmable Program Memory Flash
- Endurance: 10,000 Write/Erase Cycles
- 512 Bytes In-System Programmable EEPROM
- Endurance: 100,000 Write/Erase Cycles
- 512 Bytes Internal SRAM
- Peripheral Features
- 2 High Frequency PWM Outputs with Separate Output Compare Registers
- USI – Universal Serial Interface (12C, SPI, 1-wire) with Start Condition Detector
- 10-bit ADC
- 4 Single Ended Channels
- 2 Differential ADC Channel Pairs with Programmable Gain (1x, 20x)
- Speed Grade
- 0 – 10 MHz @ 2.7 - 5.5V, 0 - 20 MHz @ 4.5 - 5.5V
- Industrial Temperature Range
- Low Power Consumption
- Active Mode:1 MHz, 1.8V: 300 µA
We Also Recommend
MY6812 100W 12V 2650RPM DC Motor for E-bike bicycle
3.17mm RC Aluminium Bullet Propeller Adapter Holder For Brushless Motor Prop For Quadcopter/Multirotor/Drone
XL4015 CC/CV Adjustable 5A Step Down Buck Lithium Battery Charger Converter Module