Max232 TTL Converter IC is a IC that converts signals from a TIA-232(RS-232) serial port to signals suitable for use in TTL- compatible digital logic circuits, typically converts the RX, TX, CTS, RTS signals. This is a dual receiver or dual transmitter. It gives about ±7.5V TIA-232 Voltage level output from 5V input by on-chip charge pumps and external capacitors which makes it useful to implement TIA-232 in devices.
The receiver reduces TIA-232 inputs, which can be up to ±25V, to 5V TTL levels. The typical threshold and hysteresis of the receiver is 1.3V and 0.5V respectively.
- It is TTL/CMOS to RS232 Converter IC
- It Can support two conversions at the same time as it is a Dual drivers and Receivers
- set-up and initialize is easy
- Operating speed: 120kbit/s
- Input Levels: ±30-V
- Operating current: 8mA
- Used to Connect Microcontroller with Computers
- TTL/CMOS logic to RS232 converters
- Used in RS232 cables
- 1 x Max232 TTL Converter IC