The LM7806 6V Linear Voltage Regulator IC is a three-terminal positive Voltage Regulator with several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications. This regulator can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type embeds internal current limiting, thermal shut-down and safe area protection, making it essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Short-circuit Protection
- Output Transition SOA Protection
- 7806 voltage regulator ic does not require any component to balance or saturate their output voltage.
- The 7806 ic has built-in protection from the high current. There is a heat-sink connected with the common ground. This is helpful in order to prevent the regulator IC from overheating and short-circuits.
- Input Voltage Max : 35V
- Linear Regulator Case Style : TO-220
- Fixed Output Voltage Nom. : 6V
- Operating Temperature Min : 0°C
- Output Current : 1.5A
- Operating Temperature Max : 125°C
- No. of Pins : 3 Pins
- Output Type : Fixed
- Input Voltage Min : 11V
- Power Management
- 3 x LM7806 6V Linear Voltage Regulator IC