We often get asked, 'what transmitter do you recommend for someone getting into multirotors' and we always reply the Flysky FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH AFHDS 2A RC Transmitter With FS-iA6B 6CH Receiver. As radios go, it ticks all of the boxes and much more. Sure, it's not a really expensive big brand radio like a Futaba, JR or Spectrum, but why pay more, often for features you won't use when the FS-i6X is more than capable for most applications.
The FS-i6X is the upgraded version of the FS-i6, which is a radio that has been around for several years and stood the test of time with a popular following providing lots of related YouTube videos for support. This FS-i6X version of the i6 retains the original form factor of the i6, but adds support for a 10 channel receiver via a firmware upgrade, whereas the i6 only supports 6 channels. You can buy 10 channel receiver separately for the same.
The FlySky FS-i6X includes all of the important features and programmable parameters to support helicopters, gliders, airplanes and of course multirotors. It even has the ability to store 20 models allowing the user to save a whole fleet of aircraft. For the racing drone pilots out there, you'll benefit from its three-position switch for setting flight modes and its iBus / Sbus support for quick and easy installations. It even has a telemetry capability. As standard the LCD display shows real time receiver voltage and if you purchase the FS-CVT01 sensor, flight battery voltage can be monitored too.
Programmable radios with seemingly endless and complicated menus can be a little intimidating for beginners, not this one. The FS-i6X is very easy and intuitive to program. It is implemented with simple push buttons, allowing quick and easy menu navigation and manipulation. It features a large easy to read LCD display which is even backlit, while its simplified menus will immediately put first-time programmers at ease. Many programming functions like throttle curves and expo are graphically depicted to give you a clearer picture of the changes you're making.
The transmitter employs FlySky’s latest 2A AFHDS (Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System) 2.4GHz advanced technology, with built in multiple channel coding and error correction for superior reliability while extending the transmission distance. It is also equipped with a super active and passive anti-jamming capability and has very low power consumption with high receiver sensitivity. The 2.4GHz system puts the radio out of the frequency range by any “noise” generated by other electronic components in your model such as the brushless motor, speed controller, servos, or other metal to metal noise. This eliminates interference and glitching that can plague a traditional radio system. For those with older FlySky receivers, the i6X is backwards compatible with the original AFHDS system too.
Best still, the build quality and general feel of the FS-i6X matches the great performance of the radio. Its slim casing ergonomically fits your hands, while the adjustable length control sticks are nicely weighted and smooth, with a feel similar to that of the more expensive Japanese radios. The radio also features a large carrying handle and a neat built-in antenna, which is less prone to breakage than traditional antennas. Even small details such as the position of the strap hook have been considered; it's located spot on the balance point of the radio.
All in all the FlySky FS-i6X represents great value for money, boasting an excellent control interface and super features making it the perfect choice for multirotor pilots.
- 10 channel 2.4GHz radio with telemetry capability
- Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System (AFHDS) spread spectrum technology
- Transmitters comes pre-bound to receiver
- Multiple control switches including a 3-pos switch and two potentiometers
- Easy to use and program
- 20 model memory
- Trainer port
- Backlit LCD screen displays real time transmitter and receiver voltage
Basic Programming Functions:
- Dual Rates
- Sub Trim
- Travel Adjust
- Channel Reverse
- Swash Mix
- Gyro Sensitivity
- Throttle Curve
- Pitch Curve
- Throttle Hold
- Model Name
Package Includes :
- 1 x Flysky FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH AFHDS 2A RC Transmitter
- 1 x FS-iA6B 2.4GHz 10CH Receiver with Binding cable.
- 1 x PS2 to USB Update Cable.
- 1 x User Manual.
Specification for FS-i6X RC Transmitter :
- Item: FS-i6X RC Transmitter
- Tx Channel: 6
- Model Type: Fixed-Wing/Glider/Helicopter
- RF Range: 2.408-2.475GHz
- RF Power : < 20dBm
- RF Channel: 135
- Bandwidth : 500KHz
- 2.4GHz System : AFHDS 2A / AFDHS
- Modulation Type: GFSK
- Stick Resolution: 4096
- Low Voltage Warning: < 4.2V
- DSC port: PS/2 Port PPM
- Chargeable: No
- Antenna Length: 26mm (Dual Antenna)
- Weight: 392g
- Power : 6V DC 1.5A
- Display: STNTransflective Display, LCD 128×64 Lattice, VA 73x39mm, LCD with white backlight
- Size : 174 x 89 x 190 mm
- Online Update: Yes
- Color: Black
- Certificate: CE0678, FCC
Specifications for FS-iA6B RC Receiver:
- Rx Channels: 6
- Frequency range :2.4-2 .48 GHz
- Transmitting power: not more than 20dBm
- Receiver sensitivity:-105dBm
- 2.4G modes: automatic frequency second generation digital system
- Encoding: GFSK
- Antenna length: 26 mm * 2 (dual antenna)
- Input power :4.0-6 .5 V DC
- Dimensions: 47 x 33.1 x 14.7 mm
- Color: Black
- Certification: CE0678, FCC
- i-BUS Interface: Yes
- Data acquisition interface: Yes
- Color: Black.
- Model Type : Airplane / Glider / Helicopter
- Weight: 19.3 g
- Compatible Transmitter: Compatible with FS-i4, FS-i6, FS-i10, FS-GT2E, FS-GT2G