The Ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board w/ Micro SD Card Slot for Arduino allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. The Ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board w/ Micro SD Card Slot supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
This Ethernet Shield connects the UNO R3 board to the internet in mere minutes. Just plug this module onto your Arduino board, connect it to your network with an RJ45 cable (not included) and follow a few simple instructions to start controlling your world through the internet. allows you to connect your Arduino UNO 328 or MEGA 2650 1280 to a network or the internet AND retrieve or store files on a Micro SD Card!
The Ethernet Shield has a standard RJ-45 connection, with an integrated line transformer and Power over Ethernet enabled. There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network. It is compatible with the Uno and Mega (using the Ethernet library). The onboard microSD card reader is accessible through the SD Library. When working with this library, SS is on Pin 4. The original revision of the shield contained a full-size SD card slot; this is not supported.
The shield also includes a reset controller, to ensure that the W5100 Ethernet module is properly reset on power-up. Previous revisions of the shield were not compatible with the Mega and need to be manually reset after power-up. This module is compatible with following Arduino UNO and Arduino MEGA.
Specification and Features :
- Based on the W5100 Based on the Wiznet W5100 allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet.
- Operating Voltage(VDC) : 5V
- Stackable Design, can directly be supported by for Arduino official Ethernet Library.
- Supports up to four simultaneous socket connections
- Can be used to store files for serving over the network.
- Compatible with the for Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), Uno as well as Mega (1280/2560).
- Can be accessed using the Mini SD TF library.
- The current shield has a Power over Ethernet (PoE) module designed to extract power from a conventional twisted pair Category 5 Ethernet cable.
- IEEE802.3af compliant
- Low output ripple and noise (100mVpp)
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- 1500V isolation (input to output)
- Connection speed : 10/100Mb
- Dimensions : 75 (L) x 54 (W) x 25 (H) mm
Package Includes :
- 1 x Ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board