ESP-01 ESP8266 Serial Wifi Wireless Transceiver Module is an ideal choice for hobbyist to start experimenting with IoT. The dimension of this module is 25mm x 15mm, with simple pin connections (standard 2.4 pin headers), using serial TX/RX to send and receive Ethernet buffers, and similarly, using serial commands to query and change configurations of the WiFi module.
ESP8266 ESP-01 Serial WIFI Transceiver Module is a cheap and easy wayto connect to internet via WIFI to any microcontroller platforms like Arduino. You can use AT commands to connect to WiFi networks and open TCP/IP connections(without need to have TCP/IP stack running in microcontroller).
The module(ESP-01) can work with AT command when used with Arduino,USB to TTL adaptor (FTDI USB module is recommended). Additional power supply might be needed to power up the board.With GCC too chain and SDK availability opportunities with ESP8266 as a IOT device is endless.
Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, including the front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area. The ESP8266 supports APSD for VoIP applications and Bluetooth co-existence interfaces, it contains a self-calibrated RF allowing it to work under all operating conditions and requires no external RF parts.
There is an almost limitless fountain of information available for the ESP8266, all of which has been provided by amazing community support. In the useful links section below you will find many resources to aid you in using the ESP8266, even instructions on how to transforming this module into an IoT (Internet of Things) solution!
Specification and Features :
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- It features an integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Equips integrated PLL, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
- SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Output Power(dBm) : 19.5
- Dimensions : 25 (L) x 15 (W) x 1.33 (H) mm
- The ESP8266 Module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external Logic Level Converter. Please do not power it directly from your 5V dev board.
- This new version of the ESP8266 WiFi Module has increased the flash disk size from 512k to 1MB.
Useful Links :
- NURDspace Wiki (Schematic, Datasheet, & More!)
- Instructables Tutorial
- ESP8266 Community Forum
- Graphical Datasheet
- AT command Set
Package Includes :
- 1 x ESP-01 ESP8266 Serial WIFI Wireless Transceiver Module