This is a 16x1 LCD Display - Blue Backlight based on the HD44870 display controller which makes it is easy to interface this LCD most micro-controllers. Its extreme popularity ensures that no matter which micro-controller platform you are using, you will definitely find ready libraries to use this LCD.
It works of 5V and has Blue Backlight which can be switched on and off as desired. The contrast of the screen can also be controlled by varying the voltage at the contrast control pin.
- 5 × 8 and 5 × 10 dot matrix possible.
- Low power operation support:2.7 to 5.5V.
- Wide range of liquid crystal display driver power: 3.0 to 11V.
- Liquid crystal drive waveform: A (One line frequency AC waveform).
- Correspond to high speed MPU bus interface: 2 MHz (when VCC = 5V).
- 4-bit or 8-bit MPU interface enabled.
- 80 × 8-bit display RAM (80 characters max.).
- 9,920-bit character generator ROM for a total of 240 character fonts.
- 208 character fonts (5 × 8 dot).
- 32 character fonts (5 × 10 dot).
- Password based door locked system.
- Moving message display.
- GSM based digital notice board.
- Electrical/electronic device display unit.
- 8051/AVR/ARM/PIC/Arduino/Raspberry-pi based projects.
- 1 x 16x1 LCD Display - Blue Backlight